Maryland Legal Aid
September 24, 2021
- Screen clients for eligibility and make referrals, as appropriate.
- Conduct preliminary and subsequent interviews with clients.
- Conduct factual investigation and analysis as well as legal research.
- Advise clients of results of investigation and research and counsel clients regarding their options.
- Draft pleadings to include complaints, answers, and counter-complaints, etc.
- Draft memoranda of law, briefs, etc.
- Develop case theory and strategy for the representation of clients.
- Prepare cases and represent clients during negotiations and in hearings, trials, and appeals.
- Work with various community groups and accept speaking engagements as assigned by the supervisor and chief.
- Continue professional development and education through attendance at trainings and other programs sponsored by Maryland Legal Aid.
- Act as a liaison between clients and private attorney involvement (PAI) programs.
- Maintain case records for clients in the LegalServer case management system.
- Perform other duties as assigned within the scope of the essential functions of the position.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Admitted to practice in the State of Maryland, or admitted in another jurisdiction and eligible for admission in the State of Maryland. Legal experience in the areas of family/child welfare, housing, elder and/or consumer law strongly preferred. Strong knowledge of WestLaw Edge research. Familiarity with case management software and Office 365. Spanish or other foreign language proficiency desirable.
$56,765 and up depending on experience.
How To Apply
Apply for Staff Attorney using the link below: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=9156664a-1a51-4897-90b5-51213a0ce138&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=416373&lang=en_US&source=CC4