Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service
June 29, 2022
Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service (MVLS), founded in 1981, is the oldest and largest volunteer legal services organization in Maryland. The mission of MVLS is to remove barriers to justice through free civil legal help, community engagement, and advocacy for equitable laws. Our vision is for a fair legal system that is free of injustice and equitably serves underrepresented Marylanders. We achieve this goal primarily through our core pro bono program and more targeted programs that serve specialized legal needs. For more program information, visit our website: www.mvlslaw.org.
MVLS’ core values are teamwork, passion for MVLS’s mission, commitment to clients, volunteers, and community partners, initiative and commitment to eliminate systemic barriers to justice based on race and economic disparities. MVLS is committed to fostering an inclusive culture in the workplace. Our work to end barriers to justice starts with increasing the racial diversity of our staff to better reflect the communities we serve.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for supporting and maintaining the daily operations of MVLS. This position reports to the Executive Director.
- Serve as point of contact for greeting clients, interacting with vendors and guests.
- Promptly open, sort and distribute mail daily.
- Process and deposit checks daily.
- Maintain front office and SharePoint filing system.
- Maintain office supply room and inventory.
- Research and purchase office equipment, technology, software, etc., as needed.
- Process client applications into case management system.
- Monitor administrative voicemail and MVLS Info account email daily.
- Ensure all clinic data is entered into case management system.
- Update volunteer and/or donor information in databases.
- Support fundraising efforts through special events, mailings, and list development.
Job Location -
This position is currently partially remote and partially in office due to the Covid-19 pandemic. When MVLS determines that conditions permit employees to return to the office full time, this will be an in-office position.
MVLS is an equal opportunity employer. MVLS does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or any employee on the basis of race, nationality, ethnicity, age, religion, disability status, sex assigned at birth, gender identity, gender presentation, sexual orientation, or immigration status.
- Client-centered customer service skills.
- Strong computer, data entry, and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Works well with others.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Experience & Education:
- AA degree or 2 years of equivalent front office experience preferred.
- Computer and data entry experience required.
- Demonstrated commitment through work experience, lived experience or volunteer experience to communities, such as: Children, Domestic workers, Economically disadvantaged people, Immigrants and refugees, Incarcerated and formerly incarcerated people, LGBTQ people, People of color, People with disabilities, People with HIV/AIDS, Sex workers, Victims of crime and abuse, and Women and girls.
Compensation & Benefits
Salary range is $38,000-$45,000 commensurate on experience with excellent benefits including: 3 health insurance plans to choose from (MVLS fully covers the monthly premium for 2 of them), dental and vision insurance, a flexible spending plan to reimburse employees with pre-tax dollars for out of pocket medical expenses, group life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, short and long term disability coverage, a 403(b) retirement plan with a 2% match and the possibility of an additional contribution from MVLS, a monthly commuter stipend equal to the value of an MTA pass, 20 vacation days, 2 personal days,10 sick days and 14 paid holidays per year
How To Apply
Hiring & Interview Process
Submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references from employers or school via email with “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4 weeks from when application is posted. Applicants are encouraged to address the core values stated at the top of this job posting in their cover letters.
Please, no telephone calls.
This application was posted on 6/28/2022. MVLS generally begins scheduling interviews after the four week application window has ended. Initial interviews with the hiring committee are scheduled for 45 minutes. For advancing candidates, a second 60 minute interview is held with the hiring committee and the Executive Director. Interview questions are provided in advance. Reference checks are made for final candidates. The interview process generally takes about four weeks.