Maryland Center for Legal Assistance
June 11, 2021
The Maryland Center for Legal Assistance (MCLA) through a contract with the Administrative Office of the Courts operates the District Court Help Centers in Baltimore City, Glen Burnie, Upper Marlboro, and Salisbury and the Maryland Courts Help Centers in Annapolis and Frederick.
The Help Centers deal with a wide range of civil legal matters, including landlord-tenant, consumer matters such as debt collection and credit card cases, child support, and criminal record expungements to remove barriers to obtaining housing, employment, and child custody.
This position provides planning, development, direction, and support of an efficient and effective legal training program for MCLA staff statewide
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a training program, building on existing materials and creating new ones for onboarding new staff and volunteers.
- Provide ongoing training for existing staff and volunteers.
- Update existing articles and create new ones for knowledge base used by staff and volunteers.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key partners and bar associations statewide to facilitate external training opportunities for MCLA staff.
- Create and maintain a database of all required trainings to ensure compliance with contractual training requirements.
- Manage all approvals, notifications and discussions related to staff’s external training requests.
- Update, maintain, and present educational materials for litigants via webinars and in-person classes.
- Provide brief legal advice and information to self-represented litigants in connection with civil legal issues including Landlord and Tenant Matters, Civil Claims, Expungement and Shielding of Records, Consumer Matters, Return of Property, Domestic Violence/Peace Orders, Family Law, and Foreclosure.
- Assist self-represented litigants in drafting their pleadings and motions, preparing for trial, completing court forms, and understanding court documents and the law.
- Provide referrals to appropriate legal services
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated depth of knowledge, practice and experience in the development of trainings.
- Thorough understanding of adult learning styles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Admitted to practice in the State of Maryland with three or more years of legal experience.
- Strong customer service skills, including ability to empathize and assist people who are distressed and communicate complex legal concepts in simple terms.
- Fluency in Spanish is desirable.
- $65,000 and up depending on experience.
- Paid time off; retirement plan contribution; health, dental, prescription drug, Flexible Spending, and life insurance coverage; and opportunities for paid professional development.
- Employees of MCLA are eligible to apply for the Maryland Janet L. Hoffman Loan Assistance Repayment Program (LARP).
How To Apply
Apply for Training Coordinator using the link below:
A RESUME AND COVER LETTER ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER