Tenant Representation Staff Attorney
Community Legal Services
August 4, 2021
Community Legal Services of Prince George’s County, Inc., is seeking a full-time Staff Attorney to assist with its Failure to Pay Rent Tenant Representation Program which provides free, same-day and general rent court representation to low-income tenants in Prince George’s County landlord/ tenant court. We are seeking someone who is fun and energetic, with a passion for helping low-income and underserved individuals receive access to legal representation. This is a full-time, 1-year appointment, which will require in-person court appearances.
- Providing court representation to tenants at their Failure to Pay Rent and other landlord/ tenant hearings
- Providing legal advice to tenants with questions about their cases and their legal rights -Answering phone calls and assisting with intakes
- Preparing grant reports/ grant writing (experience not required)
- Updating legal case tracking system with case information
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with others
- Ability to multi-task and manage cases, intakes, and client calls
BENEFITS: Two weeks paid vacation, 7 days of paid sick leave, $50,000 life insurance, long-term disability insurance, and a 403(b) retirement plan through Mutual of America.
How To Apply
If interested, please email Executive Director, Jessica Quincosa, at Quincosa@clspgc.org