Maryland Legal Aid
Baltimore, MD (Hybrid)
March 31, 2023
Maryland Legal Aid (MLA) is the state’s largest provider of free, direct legal services to people living with low incomes and/or other physical or economic impediments to accessing justice. Since 1911, MLA has provided life-changing civil legal assistance and representation to eligible Maryland residents across the state.
As a private, nonprofit law firm, the staff at MLA work to protect and defend the rights of our clients while helping them access and navigate the justice system. MLA staff manage civil cases (not criminal), provide representation before federal and state trial and appellate courts, and offer brief advice and legal counsel. In addition, MLA staff alongside pro bono attorneys and community partners conduct impact litigation, and policy and advocacy efforts.
Our collective expertise is deployed to ensure that vulnerable individuals can find recourse and remedy via meaningful and responsive legal services. Our approach centers confronting injustice through zealous advocacy, excellence in client relations, and respect for clients and partners. We do not rest until we achieve the best possible outcome for anyone seeking our legal assistance.
Maryland Legal Aid announces an immediate opening for a full-time Systems Administrator based in Baltimore MD. The Systems Administrator will assist MLA to make the best use of available and cutting-edge technology to facilitate the organization’s mission to provide high quality legal services to low-income Marylanders. Grounded in a customer service approach, the Systems Administrator is responsible for endpoint and remove device management, software patching and deployment, and user administration and support. The Systems Administrator serves as part of a six person IT team and will collaborate closely with MLA staff, vendors, and consultants. The Systems Administrator is a confident administrator of cloud platforms, and as part of MLA’s transition to a cloud-first organization, the Systems Administrator will have significant exposure to Microsoft Azure and 365 systems, as well as opportunities to work on cybersecurity initiatives, VoIP telephone platforms, and various tools/projects geared toward improving legal services provision. The Systems Administrator reports to the Director of IT.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages endpoint (i.e., laptop) preparation and configuration using Microsoft cloud tools, including Windows Autopilot, Endpoint Manager/Intune, and Azure AD Domain Services.
- Manages updates and deployment for software, firmware, and operating systems in a hybrid work environment.
- Uses available resources, including Conditional Access policies, Nessus, and SSO functionality to enhance cybersecurity posture.
- Performs routine security reviews for all systems and assists the IT Director in responding to requests from auditors, cybersecurity liability insurance providers, and other similar parties.
- Leads improvement of processes, solutions, and configurations where opportunities for efficiency gains have been identified.
- Works with members of the IT team to identify, develop, implement, and support new solutions which address various business needs.
- Provides first and second level support to the end-user community on hardware, software and network-related problems, questions and/or issues.
- Uses service desk application to track trouble tickets and service requests, ensuring a high level of end-user satisfaction.
- Assists with user administration, maintenance of IT inventory information, VoIP configuration and troubleshooting.
- Performs other duties and work assignments as assigned by IT Director.
- 1-3 years of related experience.
- Experience working with cloud platforms, especially Azure or AWS.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects, delegate tasks, and exercise strategic, critical, and anticipatory thinking to solve problems.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Commitment to a customer service philosophy to work.
- Experience working with marginalized communities a plus.
- Ability to travel throughout the State of Maryland and to national conferences.
The salary range for this position is $55,000 – $75,000. In addition, MLA provides employees with a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, life insurance, a 401(k)-retirement plan, 2 weeks paid time off, paid sick leave, 14 annual paid holidays, and more! Future flexibility regarding a hybrid work arrangement is a possibility after the onboarding period.