Staff Attorney, Maryland Court Help Center
Maryland Center for Legal Assistance
October 12, 2022
Maryland Center for Legal Assistance (MCLA) seeks to close the gap in legal services in Maryland by providing brief legal advice from lawyers to unrepresented litigants with civil legal issues. MCLA, through a contract with the Maryland Judiciary, operates Court Help Centers throughout Maryland to provide legal advice to civil litigants in person and over phone, using a web-based phone system, online chat, email and videoconference.
The Help Centers deal with a wide range of civil legal matters, including landlord-tenant, consumer matters such as debt collection and credit card cases, family law cases, such as divorce, custody, and child support, criminal record expungements, and peace/protective orders.
MCLA announces an immediate opening for a full-time Staff Attorney position in the Maryland Court Help Center in Annapolis, MD. Successful candidates will demonstrate an ability to handle a broad range of duties in a timely manner. Please find below a summary of the job description.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide brief legal advice and information to self-represented litigants in connection with civil legal issues including Landlord and Tenant Matters, Civil Claims, Expungement and Shielding of Records, Consumer Matters, Return of Property, Domestic Violence/Peace Orders, Family Law, and Foreclosure.
- Assist self-represented litigants in drafting their pleadings and motions, preparing for trial, completing court forms, and understanding court documents and the law.
- Provide referrals to appropriate legal service organizations, agencies, and lawyer referral services wherever appropriate.
- Work hours vary between the hours of 8:30am – 8:00pm
- Be available to provide support to MCLA’s other offices as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned within the scope of the essential functions of the position.
Work duties are typically performed in a general office setting with regular interaction via telephone, videoconference, instant messaging, email, and in-person. Certain work duties may be performed in community settings.
- Admitted to practice in the State of Maryland.
- One-year or more of civil litigation experience, clinical or clerkship experience will be considered.
- Strong customer service skills including ability to empathize and assist people who are distressed.
- Ability to communicate complex legal concepts in simple terms.
- Ability to conduct rapid legal research using Westlaw.
- Proficiency with computers and experience working with a variety of web-based applications.
- Fluency in Spanish strongly preferred.
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Use of manual dexterity, tactile, visual, and audio acuity.
- Use of repetitive motion of hands, wrists and feet, prolonged periods of sitting and standing, and sustained visual and mental applications and demands.
- Occasional lifting up to 10 pounds, bending, kneeling pulling, and carrying.
The salary range for this position is $57,900.00 – $92,060.00. In addition, MLA provides employees with a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, life insurance, a 401(k)-retirement plan, 2 weeks paid time off, paid sick leave, 14 annual paid holidays, and more! Future flexibility regarding a hybrid work arrangement is a possibility after the onboarding period. Eligibility to apply for the Maryland Janet L. Hoffman Loan Assistance Repayment Program (LARP).
How To Apply
Maryland Center for Legal Assistance is committed to equity, justice and inclusion. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland Center for Legal Assistance seeks to hire employees from diverse backgrounds and perspectives that are reflective of the communities we serve, including people with disabilities, people of color, women, and members of traditionally underrepresented groups.
Apply for Staff Attorney using the link below: