Staff Attorney – Housing & Consumer Law
Maryland Legal Aid
November 29, 2021
Maryland Legal Aid (MLA) announces a Staff Attorney position available for qualified applicants in the area of Housing and Consumer Law in the Baltimore Office. This position handles all functions related to casework from initial intake through representation of clients before all relevant agencies, courts, etc. Staff attorneys may be expected to work with other attorneys, law graduates, legal assistants/paralegals, social workers, and students on cases or projects. Maintain case files in accordance with MLA standards. Successful candidates will demonstrate an ability to handle a broad range of duties in a timely manner. Please find below a summary of the job description.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide informal and formal training to staff in the area of housing law, which may include landlord-tenant law, subsidized and public housing rights, utility law, bankruptcy and foreclosure.
- Serve as a resource in housing law matters to other staff, clients and community groups.
- Provide substantive law updates and monitor status of proposed changes to federal and state regulation and statutes.
- Consult or co-counsel on major litigation with other advocates across the state.
- Perform such other and further duties assigned within the scope of the essential functions of the position.
Admitted to practice in the State of Maryland, or admitted in another jurisdiction and eligible for admission in the State of Maryland. Out-of-State attorneys must be able and available to take next scheduled bar exam following date of employment. Spanish or other foreign language proficiency desirable.
$56,675.00 and up depending on experience.
How To Apply
Apply for Staff Attorney using the link below:
**A RESUME AND COVER LETTER ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION**
Equal Opportunity Employer