Pro Bono Coordinator
Community Law Center
Baltimore, MD + Remote
Attorney, Other Staff
September 24, 2021
This position is responsible for the growth and maintenance of Community Law Center’s Pro Bono Program. This includes overall support for clients and attorneys participating in the Program as well as grant reporting, case tracking, outreach, and cultivating relationships with attorneys and clients, elected officials, government agencies, other nonprofits and legal services providers. We seek candidates who will contribute to diverse, equitable, and inclusive environments for our clients, volunteers, and staff.
- Match nonprofit organizations seeking legal representation with pro bono attorneys.
- Provide assistance to clients and case support to volunteer attorneys handling pro bono cases with regular check-ins during first two weeks of placement and every six months thereafter until case is closed.
- Vet and maintain an active pro bono attorney roster.
- Assist with the development and implementation of statewide trainings in substantive areas of law for pro bono volunteers.
- Work closely with law firms, solo practitioners, law schools, bar associations, and affiliate pro bono groups across Maryland to recruit and train pro bono professionals and other volunteers.
- Coordinate with clients and pro bono volunteers to determine case outcomes and proper tracking of the work.
- Work closely with the Resources Manager to ensure a smooth intake process for clients being assigned to volunteer attorneys.
- Create opportunities for recognition of clients and pro bono volunteers.
- Maintain a list of pro bono attorneys by specialization.
- Draft grant applications and reports for the Program.
- Maintain case information in Salesforce.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The following skills are required:
- Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce or other data and case management systems
- Robust written and verbal communication skills that are effective for a wide variety of audiences and education levels
- Ability to research, organize, and track large amounts of information
- Creative and proactive problem-solving
- Superior analytical skills, attention to detail, and strong work ethic
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of legal and other sensitive information
- Capacity to work under pressure, prioritize multiple tasks, and meet inflexible deadlines
- Friendly, kind, empathetic, energetic, diligent and patient
- Ability to work both independently and as a team
- Eagerness to assist other staff, clients, and volunteers
- Understanding of race equity principles and commitment to anti-racist and anti-oppression lifelong learning
- Dedication to Community Law Center’s mission, vision, and values
The following are preferred, but not required:
- J.D. degree
- Knowledge of, and experience with, nonprofit organizations
- Knowledge of, and experience with, the city of Baltimore
- Grant writing and reporting experience
- Community organizing experience
- Fluency in Spanish is desired, but not required.
Salary of $21/hr. Position is expected to be 24-32 hours/week. Full-time applicants will also be considered. Raises and bonuses are considered each July depending on funding availability.
- Flexible work schedule
- Remote and in-office work flexibility. Generally Mon – Wed in office, Thurs – Friday remote.
- Generous paid holidays including birthday and Fridays in August
- Full-time schedule is 35 hrs/week with office closing at noon on Fridays
- Employer pays 100% premiums for employee health, vision, and dental insurance with employer-funded health reimbursement account
- Small staff with friendly and supportive work environment
How To Apply
Apply online at https://www.idealist.org/en/nonprofit-job/283923475b404cdc925271491230a5e4-pro-bono-coordinator-community-law-center-inc-baltimore. Please include a cover letter indicating the number of hours you would be interested in working, the ability to work in-person and remote, and your qualifications for the position. Please also include a writing sample that is illustrative of your writing skill and style. This may be a professional paper, presentation or brochure. The sample should not be edited or designed by another person. Please apply by October 22, 2021.