Paralegal-Statewide Intake Services Unit
Maryland Legal Aid
October 12, 2021
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Screen clients for eligibility.
- Complete intakes, transfer calls and intakes to intake staff attorneys using MLA’s case management system and contact center software.
- Conduct preliminary and subsequent interviews with clients.
- Make referrals, as appropriate.
- Schedule appointments, hearings, etc.
- Conduct factual investigation and legal research as assigned.
- Prepare documents and correspondence.
- Assist in or develop case theory and strategy for the representation of clients.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Paralegal certificate or 4-year degree and prior paralegal experience preferred or demonstrated potential to perform the duties of a paralegal. Must have basic written and oral communications skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, and SharePoint). Strong customer service skills, including the ability to empathize and assist people who are distressed. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Commitment to the mission of Maryland Legal Aid. Spanish language proficiency is desirable.
$36,414 and up depending on experience.
How To Apply
Apply for Paralegal using the link below:
A RESUME AND COVER LETTER ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION