Paralegal – MOED – CLI – 2029
Maryland Legal Aid
June 1, 2022
Maryland Legal Aid (MLA) announces an immediate opening for a full-time Paralegal position in its Community Lawyering Initiative unit located in Baltimore, Maryland. This position is funded by a grant from the Baltimore City Mayor’s Office. MLA is a beneficiary of an agreement between Maryland Legal Services Corporation and the Baltimore City Mayor’s Office of Employment Development to provide services to eligible Baltimore City residents from April 1, 2022 through June 30, 2024.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Screen clients for eligibility and make referrals, as appropriate.
- Prepare documents and correspondence.
- Perform outreach and community education.
- Responsible for table/booth set up, breakdown, and intake at clinics.
- Assist attorneys/legal staff as directed.
- Experience with expungement strongly desired.
- Geographic coverage is Baltimore City; occasionally required to attend statewide clinics.
- Evening and weekend availability required.
- Access to a vehicle is required.
- Perform other duties within the scope of the essential functions of the position.
Paralegal certificate or 4-year degree and prior paralegal experience preferred or demonstrated potential to perform the duties of a paralegal. Must have 2-3 years of legal experience. Must have basic written and oral communication skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, and SharePoint). Strong customer service skills, including the ability to empathize and assist people who are distressed. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Spanish language proficiency is desirable.
$37,142 and up depending on experience.
How To Apply
Apply for Paralegal using the link below:
**A RESUME AND COVER LETTER ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION**
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER