Paralegal – CLI – (2031)
Maryland Legal Aid
June 1, 2022
Maryland Legal Aid’s (MLA) Community Lawyering Initiative announces an immediate opening for a full-time paralegal in the Baltimore City office for qualified applicants. Areas of practice include, but are not limited to, elder law, public benefits, housing law and employment law. The geographic coverage for this position is statewide. Accessibility to a vehicle is required and evening and weekend availability is required. Paralegals may be expected to work together with attorneys on cases or projects including work on the paralegal’s cases as well as the attorneys’ cases. Some paralegals may perform exclusively or primarily non-casework functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform community outreach and education.
- Responsible for set up and intake at clinics.
- Provide administrative support, including scheduling appointments, hearings etc.
- Engage in routine interactions with the court, state agencies, social services organizations, and other public interest stakeholders.
- Perform other duties, as assigned; within the scope of the essential functions of the position.
Spanish language proficiency strongly preferred. Expungement experience strongly preferred. Paralegal certification or equivalent experience desired. Legal services experience desired.
$37,142 and up depending on experience.
How To Apply
Apply for Paralegal using the link below:
**A RESUME AND COVER LETTER ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION**
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER