Office Coordinator, Bilingual
Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Washington
Washington, DC/Silver Spring, MD
November 9, 2022
At Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Washington, your knowledge and service in areas such as immigrants and refugees, mental health, social work, employment and adult education, legal and financial services, health care, food assistance, shelter and housing, developmental disabilities and prison outreach can make a profound difference in the lives of many. Through more than 50 programs across the district and five surrounding counties, Catholic Charities is opening doors to help and hope. At CCADW, we continue to build an inclusive culture that celebrates a diverse workforce. We offer so much more than just a job. We offer careers. We take pride in our “promote from within” culture. We offer professional development, a comprehensive benefits package, a hybrid work model with both remote and in-office work, and a passion for building and motivating world class, high performing teams. Explore your career opportunity with Catholic Charities. Join us in Inspiring Hope and Building Futures.
Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Washington values the safety of our employees, our clients, and our visitors. In support of these values, if you are selected for this job, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, except when vaccination is not medically advised or violates your sincerely held religious beliefs. If you are invited to join our team, you must submit proof that you are up to date with your COVID vaccinations, including the booster dose or you must request an exemption from your representative. New employees must either provide proof of vaccination or be granted a medical or religious exemption before working with Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Washington.
The Office Coordinator provides accounting and administrative support for the program in 4 locations which includes general office administration, management of program finances, production of required financial reports, and database maintenance and development.
- Provide accounting support for the program.
- Manage the Accounts Receivables and Payables and cash count.
- Bill clients for services rendered.
- Perform office administration functions.
- Process mail; answer program’s main phone line; respond to requests concerning program services; order supplies and equipment replacement; oversee maintenance of equipment.
- Assist during client intake, or on intake line, as needed and perform other client-related tasks as requested.
- Enter client intake/billing information into database.
- Assist in making updates to immigration database and serving as a “Super User”.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, business or related field.
- 2 years’ experience in office, bookkeeping, and administrative work.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English).
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of sound financial practices and procedures, preferably proficiency with payables and receivables.
Salary/Hourly Minimum Rate $21.66 to Maximum Rate $22.21 an hour.