Catholic Charities Esperanza Center
July 6, 2022
Catholic Charities of Baltimore is seeking a Managing Immigration Attorney. The Immigration Legal Services (ILS) Managing Attorney is responsible for the day to day management of the ILS program at Esperanza Center including intake and case selection process, case management, appropriate documentation, fee collection, and grant writing. The Managing Attorney will maintain immigration software and client database, report on client outcomes, and monitor staff caseloads; will represent ILS at conferences, provide public education, and serve as a liaison to other service providers; Represents clients before USCIS; provides orientation and supervision to ILS staff and legal interns. This position is a member of the Esperanza Center leadership team.
Schedule: Monday – Friday
The Esperanza Center is a comprehensive resource center whose mission is to welcome immigrants by offering hope, compassionate services, and the power to improve their lives. Since 1963, immigrants from all over the world have trusted the Esperanza Center to help them navigate life in a new country. Our dedicated staff and volunteers provide services related to education, healthcare, immigration legal matters, family reunification, and general community support to thousands of immigrants each year.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement policies and procedures for case management including intake procedures, case selection and assignment, quality control of legal work, and case file organization.
- Maintain a billing and fee collection system and serve as liaison with the accounting department.
- Research and identify grant opportunities and write grant proposals and reports.
- Maintain a legal immigration software system and monitor the status of electronic case files.
- Provide monthly reports on program outcomes, caseloads, and finances.
- Supervise the development of the ILS Pro Bono Project by the Pro Bono Coordinating Attorney.
- In conjunction with the Pro Bono Coordinating Attorney, will develop a program to promote citizenship that includes outreach and group processing workshops.
- Review cases for quality control assuring adequate documentation and legal sufficiency.
- Supervise and provide training opportunities for a diverse ILS staff, which includes attorneys, a DOJ accredited representative, paralegals, and administrative support staff.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- A Law degree from an accredited law school and a License to practice law in at least one State required. Maryland licensure preferred. Within 2 year of hire or less, required to pass the certification exam for admission to the Bar of Maryland.
- Four years of experience practicing immigration law, including representation in immigration court required.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- One to two years of supervisory or leadership experience required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and database management.
- Excellent communication, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to travel to other locations for court, training and other business. If driving a vehicle on agency business, must have a driver’s license with no more than 3 points.
Managing Attorney salary starts at $90,000 and is commensurate with experience.
How To Apply
Please apply online through the Catholic Charities Careers page at https://cc-md.org/careers/. The above link is direct to the job posting.