St. Ambrose Housing Aid Center
August 16, 2021
Company Overview: Founded in 1968, St. Ambrose has been committed to providing innovative, comprehensive housing services and quality affordable homes to meet the challenges facing vulnerable homeowners and neighborhoods. Housing Counseling, Legal Services, Homesharing, Housing Development, and Rental Services programs respond to low- to moderate-income populations in Baltimore City and the surrounding counties. By cultivating modern-day financial educational models and continuous support of current housing resources, St. Ambrose has created sustainable housing for thousands of families in Baltimore City. St. Ambrose is seeking a dynamic individual to join the team!
Job Summary: This one-year position is an opportunity to support the St. Ambrose Legal Services Department to respond to urgent and increased legal support needs created by the economic fallout of the coronavirus pandemic. The position will provide legal services to eligible clients ranging from brief advice to representation. In addition, the services will be related to legal issues impacting the preservation of stable housing, including foreclosure, landlord-tenant matters, tax sales, title issues, and related real estate matters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide legal advice and direct representation to eligible clients
- Maintain a caseload of housing-related legal matters
- Represent borrowers in foreclosure mediation
- Represent homeowners and tenants in court proceedings
- Draft and review legal documents and pleadings
- Participate in outreach and education events in local communities
- Foster collaborative relationships with related public interest organizations
- Serve as a resource to other advocates and housing counselors on foreclosure prevention
- Performs related duties or responsibilities, as assigned or requested
Skills and Abilities:
• J.D. and admission to Maryland bar
• Minimum of 1 year of legal experience preferred
• Commitment to organizational mission and public interest law
• Knowledge of foreclosure law, landlord-tenant law, and related real estate matters is strongly preferred
• Excellent observation, analytical, and decision-making abilities
• Excellent legal research and writing skills
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Demonstrated skill in understanding the legal needs of low-income clients
• Ability to work well with persons from diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and working styles
• A high degree of flexibility, capacity for self-management, and attention to detail
• Computer skills are a must.
This position typically requires the physical demands of standing, walking, bending, lifting, or performing other work requiring medium exertion, talking, and regularly hearing to fulfill the job requirement. These physical demands are required up to 85% of the time.
Salary $50,000 with benefits
How To Apply
To apply, please send resume and letter of interest to:
Director of Human Resources
St. Ambrose Housing Aid Center, Inc.
321 East 25th Street
Baltimore MD 21218 or via email to email@example.com
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
St. Ambrose Housing Aid Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer