Community Legal Services
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
August 4, 2021
Community Legal Services of Prince George’s County, Inc., is seeking a full-time Legal Assistant to staff our Upper Marlboro Family Law clinic for the Self-Represented. We are seeking someone who is fun and energetic, with a passion for helping low-income and underserved individuals receive access to legal representation.
- Answering phone calls and assisting with client intakes
- Placing client cases with attorneys for brief advice and representation
- Updating legal case tracking systems with case information
- Managing, organizing and maintaining documents in paper and electronic filing systems
- Coordinating community outreach and trainings
- Demonstrated ability to do detail-oriented work and manage competing tasks
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Spanish language proficiency preferred
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with others
- Ability to multi-task and manage cases, intakes, and client calls
BENEFITS: Two weeks paid vacation, 7 days of paid sick leave, $50,000 life insurance, short term and long-term disability insurance, and a 403(b)-retirement plan through Mutual of America.