Human Resources Associate
Disability Rights Maryland
September 24, 2021
Disability Rights Maryland (DRM), a private, non-profit law firm, is a recognized leader in disability rights and the Congressionally-mandated Protection and Advocacy organization for individuals with disabilities in Maryland. We provide free legal services and advocacy to persons with disabilities in Maryland. DRM envisions a world where people with disabilities are fully included in the workplace, neighborhoods and all aspects of community life. We champion the rights of individuals with disabilities to self-determination, dignity, equality, opportunity, and freedom from discrimination and harm.
The Human Resources Associate will be responsible for human resource management, and some administrative office support duties. This is a full-time, 35 hour per week, non-exempt position. This position will work closely with the organization’s finance team and is supervised by the Director of Finance. Detailed description of position can be found at disabilityrightsmd.org/careers.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Human Resources)
- Assist with job search, recruitment, interview and hiring process.
- Compile human resource packages for new hires and coordinate new staff orientation. Set up new hires in payroll and human resources software.
- Compile exit packages and ensure that exit procedures for departing employees are completed.
- Maintain physical and electronic personnel files for staff and volunteers.
- Initiate payroll change requests, process paperwork related to employee changes, and enter changes in payroll and human resources software.
- Organize and coordinate employee insurance open enrollment process, employee changes, claims and termination.
- Enroll and terminate in employees, manage claims, review compliance with OSHA requirements and record keeping, and cost of coverage.
- Administer sick leave bank balance, donations and usage requests.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Administrative Support)
- Manage equipment and furniture inventory management including new purchases, location changes and disposals.
- Coordinate and attend quarterly board meetings, coordinate advisory group meetings.
- Perform clerical duties including but not limited to photocopying, faxing, mailing, filing, etc.
- Assist Receptionist, Director of Operations, and Executive Director with general office support as needed.
- Other tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
- Related Associate’s degree or (4) years of related experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Well organized, able to handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines and work as a team player.
- Demonstrated detail focus in work and ability to write clearly and effectively.
- Sensitive to the diverse needs of staff, volunteers and clients of the organization.
- Strong ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality with personnel information.
OTHER HELPFUL QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with Paylocity or similar software is a plus.
- Life experience with disability.
The hourly pay rate is $22.83 to $27.47 per hour depending on education and experience. DRM offers a generous benefits package that includes excellent medical insurance, employer-paid dental, prescription, vision, life, and disability insurance, as well as pretax savings plans, a retirement savings opportunity with generous employer contributions, and a telecommuting policy. DRM offers employee reimbursement for the some or all of the cost of spouse or partner-paid health insurance premiums, up to an established maximum amount. DRM also offers generous paid time off, including vacation, holidays, sick time, and more.
How To Apply
Send cover letter with pay requirements and resume via email to Jobs@DisabilityRightsMD.org with “Human Resources Associate” in the subject line.
Priority given to applications received by October 15, 2021.
DRM is an equal opportunity employer. DRM values diversity. People of color, individuals with disabilities, LGBTQIA+ individuals are especially encouraged to apply.