Community Legal Services
September 29, 2022
Community Legal Services is a nonprofit law firm which provides free legal advice and counsel in most civil matters. We match income-eligible clients with private or staff attorneys who represent them at no cost. We have 5 legal clinics in Prince George’s and Anne Arundel County.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Director of Development to increase financial support for our organization. The Director of Development, together with the Executive Director and Board of Directors, is responsible for the planning, execution, management, and evaluation of all fundraising efforts, ultimately to include annual giving, special events, major gifts, corporate sponsorship, grant writing for government and private grants, planned giving, as well as donor cultivation, stewardship, and communications. CLS has an annual budget of approximately $2.5 million.
Preferred candidates will be smart, self-motived, and deadline-driven multitaskers.
Director of Development Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to create and implement a comprehensive fundraising plan.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director to develop a digital fundraising strategy.
- In collaboration with designated others, identify and build relationships with new and existing individual, government, corporate, and organizational donors and sponsors. Manage relevant communications.
- Generate development materials such as grants, proposals, and case statements.
- Create initiatives for Planned Giving and execution after Board approval.
- Plan and manage special events to include fundraising, sponsorships, communications, and the logistical details.
- Report to the Executive Director and furnish regular written reports.
Director of Development Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, non-profit management, or related field; subsequent relevant experience will also be considered.
- Demonstrated experience, success, and progressive responsibility in fundraising. Proficient with major gifts including, corporate, government, organization, sponsor, and individual solicitation. Proven track record of creating partnerships and attaining goals.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Proficient with MS Office applications.
- Proficient with social media platforms.
- Excellent understanding of best practices.
- Ability to work independently and with others.
Salary range is $80,000 – $90,000 and commensurate with experience. Benefits include health and dental insurance, three weeks paid vacation, 7 days of paid sick leave, $50,000 life insurance, short term and long-term disability insurance, and a 403(b)-retirement plan through Mutual of America.
How To Apply
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter, and at least 2 professional references to Jessica Quincosa, Quincosa@clspgc.org.