Case Worker, Legal Orientation Program for Custodians of Unaccompanied Minors
Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Washington
Silver Spring, MD 20902, USA
November 9, 2022
At Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Washington, your knowledge and service in areas such as immigrants and refugees, mental health, social work, employment and adult education, legal and financial services, health care, food assistance, shelter and housing, developmental disabilities and prison outreach can make a profound difference in the lives of many. Through more than 50 programs across the district and five surrounding counties, Catholic Charities is opening doors to help and hope. At CCADW, we continue to build an inclusive culture that celebrates a diverse workforce. We offer so much more than just a job. We offer careers. We take pride in our “promote from within” culture. We offer professional development, a comprehensive benefits package, a hybrid work model with both remote and in-office work, and a passion for building and motivating world class, high performing teams. Explore your career opportunity with Catholic Charities. Join us in Inspiring Hope and Building Futures.
Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Washington values the safety of our employees, our clients, and our visitors. In support of these values, if you are selected for this job, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, except when vaccination is not medically advised or violates your sincerely held religious beliefs. If you are invited to join our team, you must submit proof that you are up to date with your COVID vaccinations, including the booster dose or you must request an exemption from your representative. New employees must either provide proof of vaccination or be granted a medical or religious exemption before working with Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Washington.
The Case Worker, LOPC provides holistic support services to vulnerable unaccompanied immigrant children and their custodians, assisting them in identifying and accessing resources. The Case Worker works in collaboration with the LOPC team to assist custodians/unaccompanied minors, to identify their needs and connect them with resources.
The Legal Orientation Program for Custodians of Unaccompanied Minors (LOPC) is a program that aims to provide education on legal rights and duties and a range of services.
- Provide referrals for custodians and unaccompanied minors:
- Conduct needs assessments and connect the children and custodians to resources available;
- Make referrals to providers and assist the children and custodians in connecting with providers for benefit programs, support services, and training and educational opportunities.
- Collaborate with service providers and advocate for the children and custodians:
- Maintain contact with the children and custodians to assure they are receiving the support needed;
- Provide additional referrals as needed.
- Collaborate with the LOPC team in the provision of services by:
- Actively participating in team meetings, reporting on the progress of referrals, and working with colleagues to problem solve and develop solutions.
- Provide Pro Se assistance to the Custodians and/or the Unaccompanied Minors with a Change of Address and/or a Change of Venue.
- When trafficking is identified, complete an application for an eligibility letter for OTIP (Office on Trafficking in Persons) relief for the minor.
- Conduct outreach through:
- Cultivating and maintaining productive relationships with community contacts including but not limited to government and non-government agencies, parishes, schools, and medical providers.
- Attending community meetings and outreach events.
- Prepare, maintain, and update list of resources and contacts by geographical area.
- Document outputs and outcomes by:
- Enter and maintain data accurately;
- Tracking all referrals and their outcomes.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- AA degree.
- One (1) year experience providing services to vulnerable populations.
- Oral communication skills in English and in Spanish.
- Cultural competence.
Salary/Hourly Minimum Rate $20.19 to Maximum Rate $22.11 an hour.