Case Manager/Intake Specialist
Bar Foundation of Montgomery County
July 27, 2022
- Place clients with volunteer attorneys after supervisor’s final review.
- Carefully examine type of case and match it with an appropriate volunteer attorney.
- Call and/or email attorneys to gauge interest in a particular case
- Document the number of open cases
- Send files to volunteer attorneys once a case has been accepted.
- Follow-up with clients
- Update case placement details using TIME case management software.
- Update case placement lists with names of client and attorney, type of case, date accepted, and funding source.
- Find alternate volunteers when a case is returned, update TIME and lists as necessary.
- Use resources such as Maryland Case Search to finalize reports
- Send client surveys
- Investigate whether some cases should be reassigned to a different volunteer.
- Disqualify clients who don’t meet the requirements.
- Keep volunteer engaged after receiving first case
- Maintain relationship with employees of partner agencies.
- Provide referrals to applicants who do not qualify for Pro Bono Program.
- Train new employees/temps/interns as needed.
- Keep track of Judicare placements, amounts paid/owed to volunteer attorneys.
- Occasional travel to networking/training events.
- Update software with assistance by vendor.
- Periodic review of database for duplicates etc.
- Maintain contact with potential volunteers
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director and/or Supervisor
MUST BE FLUENT IN SPANISH AND ENGLISH (written and spoken)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and phone etiquette
- Time management and organizational skills are a must.
- Ability to work with clients in personal crisis
- Ability to multitask
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision
- Review client applications
- Contact clients to complete application process
Salary: From $37,942.00 per year – $41,000.00
Benefits: 401(k), Health insurance, Paid time off
How To Apply
Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com